Terms & Conditions Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using this website. By using this website, you signify your agreement with these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms & Conditions, do not use this website. The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (the NSLC) reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms & Conditions at any time and you agree to be bound by such modifications, alterations or updates when they are posted on this website.
Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Trade Marks, Copyrights and Restrictions
(1) This website is controlled and operated by the NSLC. All material on this website, including, but not limited to images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips, is protected by copyrights and trade-marks which are owned and controlled by the NSLC or by other parties that have licensed their material to the NSLC. The NSLC may make changes to the materials contained on this website at any time without notice.
(2) You do not acquire ownership rights to any content distributed through this website. The viewing or downloading of any content from this shall be solely for your own personal use for non-commercial purposes but no modification or further reproduction of the content is permitted. Material from this website may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purpose is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights and the use of any such material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited.
Privacy & Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
(1) The NSLC is committed to protecting your privacy. The NSLC is a crown corporation and is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act which governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information (information about you as an identifiable individual including your name, an identifying number such as your driver's license number, your birth date, your email address, or your credit card information) and access to your personal information.
(2) As a general policy, no personal information is automatically collected from visitors to this website. However, certain non-personal information of visitors is recorded by the standard operation of the NSLC’s servers. This information is primarily used to provide an enhanced online experience for the visitor. Information tracked includes the type of browser being used by the visitor, the type of operating system in use by the visitor and the domain name of the visitor’s Internet service provider. By having this information, web pages optimized for a particular visitor’s computer are automatically available to that visitor. Other uses of this information include internal review of the number of visitors to this site but only in an aggregate and non-personally identifiable form.
(3) When you access this website we place a ‘cookie’ in the browser files of your computer. A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by your web browser to facilitate the use of this website. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information.
(4) E-mail addresses and other personal information about visitors to this website are known to the NSLC only when voluntarily submitted.
(5) The NSLC uses the personal information it collects used only for the purpose for which it was collected or for a compatible purpose and only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Examples of the purposes for which the NSLC collects personal information include: the administration of the NSLC’s online communities, such as the Finds Community, an online community operated by the NSLC and available through this website (the Finds Community); the communication of information and offers to members of the Finds Community (the Members); to understand and analyze the responses, needs and preferences of Members; to develop, enhance, market and/or provide products and services to meet those needs; and to enable the Members to participate in promotions and contests offered by the NSLC from time to time.
Personal information that may be collected by the NSLC is not sold or otherwise transferred outside the NSLC. If you have any questions or concerns about the NSLC’s privacy policies and practices, please contact Jennifer Gray, NSLC’s Senior Manager, Communications by emailing Jennifer.Gray@myNSLC.com.
The NSLC may communicate directly with the Members. Such communications may contain a variety of information, including advertising, event information, marketing and research inquiries.
(1) THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE NSLC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE NSLC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE NSLC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES ON THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
(2) THE MATERIAL THAT YOU READ IN THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES. THE FACTS AND DATA PROVIDED ARE BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE WHEN POSTED. THE NSLC CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THEY ARE ACCURATE OR COMPLETE OR THAT THEY WILL BE CURRENT AT ALL TIMES.
(3) NEITHER THE NSLC NOR ITS AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES OR ITS CONTENT PROVIDERS ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONS WHO MAY USE OR RELY ON ANY DATA/MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE OR TO WHOM SUCH DATA/MATERIALS MAY BE FURNISHED) FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED ON OR RESULTING FROM ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES PROVIDED IN THIS WEBSITE.
The NSLC, whether or not affiliated with sites which may be linked to this website (the linked sites), has not reviewed all of the linked sites. The NSLC is not responsible for the content of any linked sites, the linked sites are for your convenience only and you access and use them at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the NSLC’s control, and the NSLC does not assume any responsibility or liability for any communication or materials available at the linked sites. The linked sites are provided solely as a convenience and NSLC does not necessarily endorse the content or practices of suck linked sites, inlcuding any information or materials containes on such linked sites.
(1) Unless otherwise specified, the materials in this website are presented solely for the purpose of providing information to users of the website. This website is controlled and operated by the NSLC from its offices within the Province of Nova Scotia. The NSLC makes no representation that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
(2) These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Province of Nova Scotia, as it is applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such province. Any action you, any third party or the NSLC bring to enforce these Terms & Conditions or, in connection with, any matters related to this site shall be brought only in the courts of the Province of Nova Scotia, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Nova Scotia.
(3) If any provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms & Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
(4) This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the matters contained herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by the NSLC.
Terms & Conditions for NSLC Online Sales
Legal Age to Purchase Alcohol in Nova Scotia
The NSLC is a responsible retailer that abides by the provisions outlined in the Liquor Control Act (LCA) that specifies that all customers purchasing beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia must be 19 years of age. The NSLC operates an identification verification program called We ID where all customers that appear to be less than 30 years of age will be challenged for valid identification. This same rigor will be applied to all online sales. To shop on myNSLC.com, customers must be 19 years of age. Buyers must be prepared to present valid identification when the purchase is picked-up at any NSLC store. The merchandise can only be picked up by the buyer even though the purchase was paid for previously. Please be advised that upon pick-up of an online sales order, the identity of the buyer and age will be verified by an NSLC employee.
Acceptable forms of identification to make a purchase in NSLC stores are:
Nova Scotia driver's license
Canadian Permanent Resident Card
Out of Province Health Card
Provincial ID Card
Secure Certificate of Indian Status
Canadian Citizen Certificate
The prices indicated on myNSLC.com include applicable sales tax and are the same as the prices in NSLC retail stores. The NSLC reserves the right to adjust prices as required at any time and is not required to give customers advance notice. All prices listed on myNSLC.com are in Canadian dollars and include all applicable taxes.
Credit cards are the only way to pay for purchases made on myNSLC.com. The NSLC accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Online Product Availability
Not all products listed by the NSLC are available for purchase online. A select offering of wine is available and availability is not always guaranteed. This list of wines available for purchase online is subject to change without notice. The NSLC shall not be liable for inventory shortages and will make every effort to keep the product list and inventory levels current.
All purchases made on myNSLC.com will be delivered by the NSLC to a designated NSLC store chosen by the buyer in the Province of Nova Scotia only. Agency stores are excluded and delivery by Canada Post or otherwise is not an option at this time.
NSLC Refund Policy
Any product that is purchased on myNSLC.com can be returned at any NSLC retail store as long as it is unopened, saleable condition and accompanied by the original sales receipt within thirty (30) days of purchase. The credit card used to make the purchase wll be refunded.
Returns without a receipt can only be processed as an exchnge for a product of equal value, or grater value if the difference in price is paid in full.
Incomplete Order or Missing Product
If your online order is incomplete, please contact the NSLC’s Retail Service Centre toll free by calling (1-877-247-6752) and a member of the team will investigate.
Defective or Broken Product
Defective or broken product may be returned to any NSLC store for full exchange or refund and does not require a receipt. All customers returning defective or broken product must be willing to provide name, address and telephone number to the NSLC store representative.
Any content posted on myNSLC.com is subject to modification at any time without notice. The NSLC reserves the right to modify prices, delivery rates, delivery schedules, and products available for online purchase at any time.
About the NSLC
The myNSLC.com website is operated by the NSLC. The sales conditions outlined above act as a contract between the customer and the NSLC. Sales conditions outlined can be modified and updated by the NSLC at any time.