Rohit Ponnaiya, Mixologist at Onyx, mixes up the crowd-pleasing Cuban Mojito.
Cuban Mojito by Rohit Ponnaiya
8-12 Fresh mint leaves
2 oz Dark Rum
1. Gently roll a whole lime and cut three wedges and add to a Boston Glass.
2. Add a spoonful of sugar and eight to twelve fresh mint leaves.
3. Gently muddle ingredients in the glass to create a mixture of the juices.
4. Add 2 oz of Dark Rum and stir until sugar is dissolved.
5. Pour mixture, including lime wedges and mint leaves, into a tall glass and fill with crushed ice.
6. Top with soda water and gently stir.
7. Optional: add a dash of Bitters.
8. Garnish with lime wheel, mint leaf and serve.