Have you ever wondered how to make an eggless eggnog? Mixologist Kateri Slaughter will show you how.
Eggless Eggnog by Kateri Slaughter
1 oz Spiced Rum
½ oz Amaretto
½ oz Brandy
2 oz 5% or 6% Light Cream or Cream and Milk Blend for Coffee
Freshly ground nutmeg, to garnish
Optional: 1 egg white
1. Have a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. In a glass, pour Spiced Rum, Amareto, Brandy, and cream – stir to combine.
3. Pour mixture into cocktail shaker and give it a hard shake.
4. Pour cocktail into a rocks glass filled with ice.
5. Sprinkle with freshly ground nutmeg to garnish.
Optional: If you’d like to include an egg, add the white of one egg at the end of step two. When preparing raw eggs, for example in eggnog, you must use proper food handling methods. Use only Grade A eggs that have been refrigerated. Grade A eggs must have clean, uncracked shells. Wash hands in hot, soapy water before and after handling the eggs. Eat the dish immediately after preparation or immediately refrigerate the product until served, keep it cold during serving and consume it the same day it is prepared. Discard leftovers.