Tabatha Khoury, Mixologist at Seven Steak and Seafood, prepares the popular Spanish drink, Sangria.
Sangria by Tabatha Khoury
1 750ml bottle Red Wine
Club Soda, chilled
1½ oz Brandy
1½ oz Triple Sec
1½ oz Cassis (optional)
1/3 cup sugar
1 orange, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 pear, sliced
¼ cup fresh blackberries
1. Pour full bottle of red wine into a large pitcher and mix in with 1/3 cup of sugar.
2. Add orange slices, lemon slices, pear cubes and blackberries into pitcher.
3. Chill in the fridge for 5-6 hours.
4. Once chilled, add 1½ oz Triple Sec, 1½ oz Brandy and 1½ oz Cassis.
5. Stir vigorously and top with soda.
6. Fill glass with ice and pour in Sangria, scooping some of the fruit into the glass.
7. Garnish with lemon and serve.