Learn how to make a beautiful Pavlova topped with lemon curd and fresh berries – perfect for your next dinner party.
Pavlova with Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries by Chef Bee Choo Char, Gio
1 cup sugar
½ cup egg white
To Create Pavlova:
1. Whip egg whites on high until it becomes foamy with soft peaks.
2. Pour in half of the sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Fold in the last half of the sugar.
4. Bake in 200F for 1 hour or until the meringue is dried.
Ingredients (Lemon Curd):
1 cup lemon juice
½ lbs unsalted butter
1½ cups sugar
To Create Lemon Curd:
1. Bring sugar and lemon juice to boil.
2. Add the eggs in the bowl and pour some hot mixture to the eggs, temper the eggs, add the egg mixture to the pot, and continue to cook the mixture until thick.
3. Strain and add the butter. Cool.
1 pint blueberry
1 pint blackberry
1 pint raspberry
1 pint strawberry
How to Assemble the Pavlova:
1. Top the cooled meringue with cool lemon curd.
2. Add the mixed berry on the top.