Ingredients6 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
1/8 cup finely diced Spanish onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 coriander pods, toasted and crushed
1/2 cumin teaspoon, toasted and crushed
1/8 tsp chili flakes
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 cups cooked crabmeat, chopped (fresh or canned)
2 ripe avocados
1 lime juiced
Directions1. In a medium to large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat.
2 Add the Spanish onion. Cook until translucent.
3. Add half of the garlic, sweet peppers, cumin, coriander and chili flakes and continue to cook until the peppers are soft (approximately 4 to 6 mintues).
4. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
5. In a separate bowl beat the eggs; then add the breadcrumbs, fresh cilantro and crab. Fold in the pepper mixture.
6. Form the crab mixture into four patties.
7. Peel and pit the avocados.
8. In a bowl add the avocados, the lime juice, remaining garlic, and pinch of salt. Mash or puree in a food processor until smooth. Cover and set aside.
9. Place two medium to large frying pans over medium heat.
10. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in each pan.
11. Add 2-3 crab cake patties to each pan, and cook until brown on each side (approximately 3-4 minutes per side).
12. Remove the crab cakes from the pan and set on paper towels.
13. When ready, place a crab cake on a plate and serve with 1-2 tablespoons of guacamole.