In 2007, a small, experimental idea was hatched at a Nova Scotia winery–to pioneer a new style of wine that celebrates, and benefits from, Nova Scotia’s unique location and geography. Benjamin Bridge was that trailblazing winery and they created Nova 7, a wine that transformed, and continues to distinguish, the Nova Scotia wine landscape.
Nova 7 2022 is our 16th and most accomplished vintage to date, striking the perfect balance between Benjamin Bridge’s natural vibrant acidity and the most fragrant floral aromatics. This wine is to be celebrated as the culmination of their natural practices and low-intervention ethos to wines that remain approachable.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Nova 7 is a blend of 7 grape varieties, predominantly Muscat, grown along the Bay of Fundy, which provide its hallmark floral aromatics and freshness.
- Nova 7 is a low-intervention wine crafted with no sulphites or sugars added and no fermentation aids.
- Nova 7 is the most sold 750ml wine in the province and the only local wine to place #1 in a Canadian market.
- Colour: Pale pink with crystalline reflections
- Aroma: Hints of mango purée and ripe juicy summer peaches, energized by zesty notes of key lime sorbet
- Palate: Honeysuckle, lemon cream and a touch of spring floral blossoms
- Pairings: Thai and Indian foods, or any spicy and aromatic specialties that would otherwise overwhelm more neutral or uneventful wines. Also pairs well with desserts, especially for those looking for a matching wine that is lighter in both sugar and alcohol!
Nova 7 is best served well chilled, directly from the fridge or ice bucket. A light choice at 6.5% alcohol, it is a wonderful apéritif with light hors d’oeuvres and can heighten a myriad of spicy fare. Perhaps the absolute best pairing for Nova 7, is the fresh air on a Nova Scotian patio. A high-quality wine stopper will maintain a bottle of Nova 7 for up to a week.
SUPER NOVA 7 COCKTAIL
Welcome the newest addition to the Nova 7 family! The Super Nova 7 Cocktail delivers the wine Nova Scotians love in a refreshing 15% Cocktail.
Benjamin Bridge has crafted a cocktail that showcases the unmistakable characteristics of their iconic Nova 7 wine. Made with Nova 7, Vodka, Nova Zero, and natural berry extract, once poured, the Super Nova 7 Cocktail glows a galaxy of electric fuchsia with bright purple reflections. Expect the signature aroma to fill the glass as if amplified in a burst of floral notes, a cosmic explosion of flavour taking their wine star beyond the next frontier.
YOU COULD WIN WITH BENJAMIN BRIDGE THIS SPRING
You could win a South Shore NS Retreat ($2,000 Value) from Benjamin Bridge by purchasing Nova 7 products from now until May 7th, 2023. Find full contest details on the Benjamin Bridge website.