As an employee at the NSLC, you’ll join more than 1300 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a superb retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment to corporate social responsibility. And, you’ll do it all in an engaging and supportive environment!
We are committed to serving our communities during this time, and we are looking for customer-focused individuals to join our team in our Distribution Centre in Halifax. Warehouse Workers are responsible for handling stock, picking and preparing customer orders, loading and unloading trucks and receiving inbound stock; all with a focus on safety, accuracy and efficiency.
As an NSLC team member, you'll join more than 1,600 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a strong retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment of corporate social responsibility. We work hard to provide a supportive and engaging environment that includes an onboarding program for new members.
As a qualified candidate you will:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have your Grade 12 or GED
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Record check (cost covered by NSLC)
- Be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Be available to work shift work, including overnights and weekends
As a preferred candidate you will have:
- Experience working in a warehouse or distribution centre
- Order selection experience
- Experience working at heights
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Experience in operating a forklift or end rider
The NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes:
- A starting hourly pay rate of $15.30
- Additional pay in lieu of benefits, in accordance with our collective agreement
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please apply now. The NSLC is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected will be contacted. COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and documented during the selection process to make a determination of risk based on the responses.
For over 80 years, the NSLC has been managing the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia, returning 100% of its profits to government to help fund key public services. As a true partner in our communities, the NSLC conducts its business with integrity and respect for the environment while supporting the sale of over $30 million in local products every year.