We believe that the strength of our team makes it possible to deliver authentic, consistent, and exceptional customer experiences. That's why we empower our people to thrive in their role, and set them on the path to success. As an employee of the NSLC, you will join more than 1800 knowledgeable individuals who come together every day for the good of Nova Scotia.
We are looking for customer-focused individuals to join our team in our Distribution Centre in Halifax. Warehouse Workers are responsible for handling stock, picking and preparing customer orders, loading and unloading trucks and receiving inbound stock; all with a focus on safety, accuracy and efficiency.
As an NSLC team member, you'll join more than 1,600 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a strong retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment of corporate social responsibility. We work hard to provide a supportive and engaging environment that includes an onboarding program for new members.
As a qualified candidate you will:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have your Grade 12 or GED
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Record check (cost covered by NSLC)
- Be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Be available to work shift work, including overnights and weekends
As a preferred candidate you will have:
- Experience working in a warehouse or distribution centre
- Order selection experience
- Experience working at heights
- Warehouse Management System experience
- Experience in operating a forklift or end rider
The NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes:
- A starting hourly pay rate of $15.30
- Additional pay in lieu of benefits, in accordance with our collective agreement
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please apply now. The NSLC is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected will be contacted. COVID-19 screening questions will be asked and documented during the selection process to make a determination of risk based on the responses.
Since 1930, we have come together for the good of this beautiful province we call home. The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and cannabis in Nova Scotia. We contribute to the good of our province with responsible sales, the impact we have on the communities we serve and by the financial contribution we make that helps create a stronger Nova Scotia. We are committed to improving the well-being of our customers, employees and communities across the province. For more information about the NSLC, please click HERE.