As an employee at the NSLC, you’ll join more than 1300 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a superb retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment to corporate social responsibility. And, you’ll do it all in an engaging and supportive environment!
Casual Warehouse Workers
(up to 48 hours per week during peak seasonal times)
We are currently accepting applications for Casual Warehouse Workers in our Distribution Centre (DC) located in Bayers Lake Business Park. The NSLC DC receives, prepares, stores and ships product orders to NSLC retail stores across the province as well as to wholesale customers. The Warehouse Worker handles stock, picks and prepares customer orders, loads and unloads trucks, and receives inbound stock. These tasks are done in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner, and with the appropriate use of material handling equipment.
- Be at least 19 years of age & have your Grade 12 or GED
- Be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Be comfortable working at heights (up to 35 feet)
- Be willing to work shifts including days, evenings and/or overnight (the DC is a 24 hour operation & typical shifts are 8 hours)
- Be willing to work up to 48 hours per week
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Disclose all convictions for which you have not been granted a pardon under the Liquor Control Act and/or the Criminal Code and willing to complete a Criminal Record check (cost covered by NSLC)
- Previous Distribution Centre or Warehouse experience
- Warehouse Management System experience using Radio Frequency scanners
- Experience picking and operating powered material handling equipment such as an end rider and/or forklift
NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes…
- A starting hourly pay rate of $11.85
- Progressive hourly pay rate increases based on hours worked. The first increase occurs after 400 hours to $13.33/hour at which time you join the NSGEU bargaining unit
- Additional pay in lieu of benefits after 400 hours worked
- Opportunities to apply for other Distribution Centre positions
We’re looking for productive, safety-oriented and customer-focused employees who have a positive attitude & practice teamwork. If you are reliable & available to work shift work on a regular basis, and meet the qualifications listed above we’d like to hear from you!
How to Apply: Please complete an application form by clicking HERE. Complete all fields in the form, save it to your computer and close the form. Attach your completed application form and resume by email to Recruiting@myNSLC.com. Please quote: DC Casual in the email subject line.
Note: E-mails that do not include a completed NSLC application form will not be considered. If you experience any difficulties with the application form, please contact Recruiting@myNSLC.com.
The NSLC is an equal opportunity employer. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.