We believe that the strength of our team makes it possible to deliver authentic, consistent, and exceptional customer experiences. That's why we empower our people to thrive in their role, and set them on the path to success. As an employee of the NSLC, you will join more than 1800 knowledgeable individuals who come together every day for the good of Nova Scotia.
Two Positions Available:
Reporting to the Manager – Learning and Development, the Education Specialist provides effective and timely training expertise, solutions and services, linking the NSLC strategic and business plan goals with the organizational learning and development goals. Their primary focus is in the development of operations learning topics, administration of learning experiences and the championing of product education. They work closely with category and operations teams and stakeholders to provide training and development of employees’ product knowledge that will enable frontline teams to provide exceptional customer experiences.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (e.g. bachelor of adult education, education, instructional design)
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Learning and Development
- Experience and/or extensive training in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in the beverage alcohol and/or cannabis industry
- A strong background in customer service in a retail environment
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience using eLearning authoring tools (design and integration with an LMS)
- Experience working with SABA Learning Management System
- Knowledge of beverage alcohol and cannabis products
- Beverage Alcohol Qualification (e.g. WSET I/II, Cicerone, Beer Server)
- Experience in a retail leadership capacity
The successful candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of adult education and learning principles, including program development models and assessment strategies. The successful candidates will also possess effective organizational and time management skills in addition to training design, presentation and facilitation skills. They will also have the ability to mentor and develop category knowledge and be able to translate complex or highly technical information into easily understood concepts and instructions for various user levels. If you possess the above attributes and are interested in exploring this exciting career opportunity, we’d like to hear from you!
Please submit your application by clicking HERE no later than 11:59pm on April 21, 2021.
For more information, please refer to the position description.