We believe that the strength of our team makes it possible to deliver authentic, consistent, and exceptional customer experiences. That's why we empower our people to thrive in their role, and set them on the path to success. As an employee of the NSLC, you will join more than 1800 knowledgeable individuals who come together every day for the good of Nova Scotia.
Reporting to the Director, Loss Prevention, the Loss Prevention Associate is a supportive role providing frontline security and loss prevention resources. The Loss Prevention Associate works collaboratively with Corporate Security through the Loss Prevention team to provide a safe retail environment for the retail team and guests alike.
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Related experience and/or post-secondary education in criminal justice, and protective security services
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of Loss Prevention, enforcement and/or corporate security
- Able to pass a security back-ground check
- Valid NS Driver’s License and ability to produce a clear Driver’s Abstract if required
As the ideal candidate, you will also have:
- Experience in the field of law enforcement and/or retail risk management
- Experience in conducting or assisting in criminal, civil or compliance investigations
- Training, certification and/or experience in security hardware such as lock and cameras
An alternate combination of education and experience may be considered equivalent.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in the use of security hardware and the application of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) as well as applicable federal and provincial legislation. They will also demonstrate effective interpersonal and relationship building skills and will have the ability to remain composed in conflict situations. If you possess the above attributes and are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity, we’d like to hear from you!
Please submit your application online by clicking HERE no later than 11:59 pm on April 21, 2021.
For more information, please see the position description.