As an employee at the NSLC, you’ll join more than 1300 friendly and knowledgeable individuals who are committed to delivering a superb retail experience that supports local industry and delivers on our commitment to corporate social responsibility. And, you’ll do it all in an engaging and supportive environment!
Stores actively accepting applications:
- West New Glasgow
- Fall River
- Forest Hills
- Truro West
- Truro East
- Porter's Lake
Please note: Other NSLC locations may be hiring, please check with the Store Manager.
Casual Store Clerk
Casual Store Clerks are responsible for providing high quality customer service, effectively handling transactions, ensuring that the relevant provisions of the Liquor Control Act and Regulations are adhered to, and performing other responsibilities necessary for the efficient operation and maintenance of the store. The Store Clerk is expected to perform these responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the Purpose, Vision, and (KORE) Values of the NSLC.
Once hired, qualified and trained casual employees will have the opportunity to apply for other retail positions including part time and full time Store Clerks, full time Retail Product Specialists, and the opportunity to enter into the Store Management stream.
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Have your Grade 12 or GED
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Be willing to work shift work on an as needed basis
- Be bilingual in French and English if you are working in the Arichat, Cheticamp, Meteghan or West Pubnico store
- Previous customer service experience
- Relevant sales experience
- Previous cash and/or Point of Sale system experience
- Previous experience in the beverage alcohol industry
NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes…
- A starting hourly pay rate of $14.06
- Additional pay in lieu of benefits, in accordance with our collective agreement