The NSLC is proud to create a stronger Nova Scotia through giving back to our communities.
For the Good of Our Community Fund – Now open & accepting applications until December 22, 2022
It is important to us that our community partnerships demonstrate a shared purpose to come together for the good of Nova Scotia, working to improve well-being of our customers, employees, and communities across the province.
Launched in Fall 2021, the For the Good of Our Community Fund, is a pillar of our community investment program, awarding one-time grants of up to $20,000 to Nova Scotia non-profit organizations through partnerships with our suppliers.
Our investment decisions are guided by our shared values and commitment to our community and grounded in our service standards of strengthening relationships with our community members, partners, and other stakeholders.
Our Eligibility Criteria:
• Applicants must be a registered charity or non-profit organization that works to support communities within Nova Scotia
• Organizations must be working to address areas of critical community need within Nova Scotia
• Projects and initiatives should be aligned to one of our community investment focus areas
• Preference will be given to organizations working on projects and initiatives that promote inclusivity and provide strong benefits to equity seeking or other underserved groups and communities
• Preference will be given to organizations that have provincial reach
We do not fund:
x Organizations that do not align with the NSLC’s values and service standards
x Projects/Initiatives that provide no clear or direct benefit to the province of Nova Scotia
x Individuals or individual pursuits/fundraising initiatives
x Religious organizations (i.e., religious organizations whose primary purpose is religious practice or worship)
x Research projects
We are accepting applications for the 2023-2024 fund until December 22, 2022. Download the Application Form.
Grant recipients will be announced in April 2023.
Please submit applications to CSR@myNSLC.com
If you require any accessibility or translation support to complete your application, or if you have any questions, email Laura.Mackinnon@myNSLC.com or call 902-430-6518.