Behind the Brew: Fireside Beer Cocktails
Whether your looking for warming spices, or tropical flavours during the cold winter months, try some of these tried and favourite beer cocktail recipes this holiday season!
By Evan Fougere
1 ½ oz aged rum
½ oz demerara syrup*
3 oz stout
2 cinnamon sticks
1. Combine egg, rum and syrup in a shaker with one ice cube.
2. Shake to emulsify the egg.
3. Pour stout into shaker. Top with a shaker glass.
4. Flip the liquid back and forth with a mixing glass to make a foamy cocktail.
5. Pour the mixture into toddy glasses and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
* Combine 1 cup demerara (raw) sugar and 1 cup water in a pot. Bring to a boil. When the sugar dissolves, remove from heat and let cool.
1 oz cranberry juice
1 oz cranberry-rosemary simple syrup*
1 oz gin
1 oz lime juice
3 oz Creature Feature IPA
Fresh cranberries, for garnish
Rosemary, for garnish.
1. Add cranberry juice, syrup and gin to a shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake until very cold.
3. Pour into a coupe glass and top with Creature Feature IPA.
4. Garnish with cranberries and sprig of rosemary.
* Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1 cup cranberries and 2 sprigs of rosemary in a pot. Bring to a boil. When sugar dissolves remove from heat. Let cool.