What's the Occasion?
As the holiday dinner gets into full swing, be sure to have a collection of crowd-pleasing drinks on hand for après-dinner entertaining. For our modern take on a classic, we’ve updated the Champagne cocktail by making a Prosecco-inspired version. Check out these great holiday drink and food recipes!
Lavender and Cranberry Spritz:
1 ½ oz gin
1 oz cranberry juice
½ oz lavender simple syrup*
Rosemary skewered fresh cranberries, for garnish
1. Fill a rocks glass with ice.
2. Add gin, cranberry juice and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
3. Top with sparkling water.
4. Garnish with fresh cranberries skewered with a rosemary spear.
* Combine 3 tbsp dried lavender, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a pot. Bring to a boil. When the sugar has dissolved remove from heat. Let steep for 1 hour. Strain to remove solids. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Prep Time: Less than 30 minutes
Total Time: Less than 1 hour
2 lb carrots, peeled, tips trimmed, halved lengthwise
3 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp cinnamon, freshly ground
2 tbsp honey
Pinch sea salt
Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions: Preheat oven to 450ºF. Boil the carrots for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and dry. Combine butter with cinnamon. Toss carrots in melted butter and then place on a baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Set carrots on a platter. Drizzle with honey and season with sea salt. For a little extra flavour, season with fresh thyme leaves.