Recipe Type: Cocktail | Servings: 1
1/8 – 1/4 fl oz simple syrup (1:1 water to sugar)
3/4 fl oz fresh lime juice
1/2 fl oz Cointreau
1 fl oz Tequila
Lime wedge (optional)
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine all the liquid ingredients.
2. Fill the cocktail shaker with ice and shake hard for 8 to 12 seconds.
3. Gently rub a lime wedge around half the lip of your chosen glassware (rocks or stemmed glass will work) and gently roll the rim of your glass in a small plate of salt (Maldon or sea salt preferably).
4. Hold the glass over the sink and tap the bottom of the glass lightly to shake loose any excess salt.
5. Try to have 1/2 to 1 thumbnail’s width of salt around half of the glass.
6. This way your guest has the choice to enjoy the salt rim, or not, if they desire.
7. Strain contents of the cocktail shaker into a chilled stemmed glass or an old-fashioned glass full of ice.
**Make it a mocktail by removing the Cointreau and Tequila and replacing it with 1 oz club soda and a ½ oz of orange juice.