For over 80 years, the NSLC has been managing the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia, returning 100% of its profits to government to help fund key public services. As a true partner in our communities, the NSLC conducts its business with integrity and respect for the environment while supporting the sale of over $198 million in locally produced and bottled products every year.
Casual Store Clerk - Head of Jeddore
Casual Store Clerks are responsible for providing high quality customer service, effectively handling transactions, ensuring that the relevant provisions of the Liquor Control Act and Regulations are adhered to, and performing other responsibilities necessary for the efficient operation and maintenance of the store. The Store Clerk is expected to perform these responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the Purpose, Vision, and (KORE) Values of the NSLC.
Once hired, qualified and trained casual employees will have the opportunity to apply for other retail positions including part time and full time Store Clerks, full time Retail Product Specialists, and the opportunity to enter into the Store Management stream.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must have your Grade 12 or GED
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be physically able to lift 23 kg (50lbs)
- Must be willing to work shift work on an as needed basis
- Must disclose all convictions for which you have not been granted a pardon under the Liquor Control Act and/or the Criminal Code
- Must be bilingual in French and English if you are working in the Arichat, Cheticamp, Meteghan or West Pubnico store
- Previous customer service experience
- Relevant sales experience
- Previous cash and/or Point of Sale system experience
- Previous experience in the beverage alcohol industry
NSLC offers an attractive package for casual employees that includes…
- A starting hourly pay rate of $11.60
- Progressive hourly pay rate increases based on hours worked (first increase occurs after 400 hours to $12.93/hr at which time you join the NSGEU bargaining unit)Additional pay in lieu of benefits after 400 hours worked
How to Apply:
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please complete an application form by clicking HERE and deliver it, along with your resume to the Head of jeddore stoer (8990 Highway #7, Head of Jeddore)
The NSLC is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.