Halifax, October 9, 2018 – The Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC) announced today its plans for the online sale of recreational cannabis when myNSLC.com/Cannabis goes live on October 17.
Highlights of myNSLC.com/Cannabis:
- Detailed information for customers to explore the cannabis category
- Responsible use messaging will be prominently featured encouraging customers to start low and go slow, to consume cannabis and beverage alcohol separately, to store cannabis securely and plan ahead to get home safely
- Customers will have the option to checkout as a guest or to create an account
- All online cannabis purchases will be delivered by Canada Post to the shipping address provided
- Additional age verification to help ensure no one under the age of 19 can get access to the website
- An online access code will be required to explore the website and purchase cannabis products and accessories.
“It’s important that we offer recreational cannabis to Nova Scotians in a safe and responsible manner,” said Dave DiPersio, Senior Vice President and Chief Services Officer. “The NSLC team is working hard to have everything ready to go online and in-store when cannabis is legalized.”
Access code cards will be available at all NSLC stores on October 17. Customers must present valid identification to an NSLC employee to obtain an access card. No personal information is connected to the access code, which must be entered every time the customer visits the website. We anticipate myNSLC.com/Cannabis will go live in the early morning hours of October 17.
Cannabis will also be available at 12 NSLC stores across the province on October 17. The cannabis stores are ready, employee training is complete, and product ordered through the first round of purchase orders has begun to arrive at the fulfillment centre.
About the NSLC
For over eighty years, the NSLC has been managing the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol in Nova Scotia, returning 100% of its profits to government to help fund key public services. As a true partner in our communities, the NSLC conducts its business with integrity and respect for the environment, while supporting the sale of more than $200 million in Nova Scotia-produced products every year. For more information about the NSLC, please visit our website at myNSLC.com.
For more information please contact:
Beverley Ware - Communications Advisor
O: (902) 450-5920 M: (902) 456-5040