Buffalo Trace Rare Whiskey Draw
The Buffalo Trace Rare Whiskey Draw is back! Buy a ticket for a chance to purchase one of 83 highly sought-after whiskies. Plus, shop an additional rare whiskey release at The Port.
Tickets go on sale for the Chance to Purchase a Rare Whiskey | Wednesday June 8 at 7am
Tickets will be sold via this Eventbrite Ticketing Page.
- We anticipate that tickets will sell out VERY quickly due to high demand.
- Tickets are $20 and all ticket proceeds will be donated to Feed Nova Scotia.
- There are 166 tickets available, offering a 50/50 chance for the opportunity to purchase one of the rare whiskies.
- Limit of one ticket per person, must be a Nova Scotia resident.
- Each ticket holder will be assigned a number and we will draw for the chance to purchase specific products.
Watch the Rare Whiskey Draw Live on Instagram | Wednesday, June 15 at 6:30pm
Hosted by Matt and Jeff of The Clever Barkeep, you can watch the draw live on Instagram via @theNSLC. Follow along as they mix up a Buffalo Trace cocktail, then draw ticket numbers to announce who will have the opportunity to purchase each product. If successful, ticket holders are eligible to purchase only the product for which their number is drawn.
Ticket holders do not need to be watching the draw to be eligible to purchase their product. Our team at The Port will reach out to successful ticket holders in the days following the event to coordinate purchase and pick-up.
The Cocktail | Beach Walker
Pick up the ingredients below, and mix up a Beach Walker cocktail alongside The Clever Barkeep on our Instagram Live.
This is an old fashioned style cocktail inspired by summer and tropical flavours. Those flavours work incredibly well with the flavours Buffalo Trace has developed over the time the whiskey has spent in new charred barrels.
Add all ingredients to a mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir for 25 seconds. Strain cocktail into a rocks glass full of ice. No garnish.
Selected ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase one of the following rare whiskies based on the order below. (The first two people drawn will have the opportunity to purchase Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23YO, the third, fourth and fifth will have the opportunity to purchase William Larue Weller, and so on.)
- Pappy Van Winkle Family Reserve 23 YO | 2 Bottles Available (Draw #1, 2)
- William Larue Weller | 3 Bottles Available, (Draw #3-5)
- Old Rip Van Winkle Spec Res 12 YO | 6 Bottles Available (Draw #6-11)
- W L Weller 12 YO | 12 bottles available (Draw #12-23)
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10 YO | 6 bottles available (Draw #24-29)
- E H Taylor Single Barrel | 12 bottles available (Draw #30-41)
- Stagg Jr | 18 bottles available (Draw #42-59)
- E H Taylor Small Batch | 24 bottles available (Draw #60-83)
Additional Rare Whiskey Release at The Port | Thursday, June 16 at 10am
In addition to the rare whiskies available through the draw, we’ll be releasing a limited number of Mister Sam (6 bottles, limit one bottle per person), Weller Special Reserve (120 bottles, limit of two bottles per person) and Blanton’s 80 Proof (96 bottles, limit of two bottles per person) for purchase at The Port. These products will not be available for purchase online.
The impact of COVID-19 has changed how we are hosting events. To ensure we are keeping the safety of our team, customers and suppliers top of mind, we will not be holding The NSLC Festival of Wines and The NSLC Festival of Whisky in 2022. Be sure to check back here, or follow along on our social media channels, for future event information and to discover new products.